Saturday, July 19, 2008

Yard Sale Dismay Part Deux

Seriously, I'm started to think my YS dream is jinxed!!

We were rained out last weekend, so decided to try this weekend as there's no rain in the area. Great. I go to The Huntsville Times on Tuesday & place the ad to run Thursday thru Saturday with the YS being Friday & Saturday.

Spent all day Thursday dragging down truckload of stuff I just got this week. Had a guy stop & inquire about sale. We had no signs up, so I figured he saw ad in the newspaper & just didn't note that it was for Fri-Sat.

Friday morn, up early, spent 4 hours out in the heat. No one. Hubby gets home, we go put up signs around 2:30 advertising the sale on Sat from 8-2. So then, 2 people showed up between 4 & 5 Friday afternoon, lol! They bought over 50 items, I was going woohoo!!

This morning rolls around. Up early, Hubby put some big stuff out, we're ready for the crowds!! An hour passes, then two and we'd only had 2 customers :( I check the newspaper to see if any other sales are nearby and guess what?! My ad is not in there!!! Arrrrghhh!!!!!

My Dad gets the paper daily (not just w/e like us), so I call to see if he's home & can check Thursday & Friday. He's not home. I come up to house, check online--- sure nuff it did not run at allll!!!!

I call the newspaper only to get a recording, wow, big help The Huntsville Times, you're really on top of your game. I have my receipt, the one time I paid cash, no less, and will stop by their office on Monday while I'm in Huntsville.

So for today, we waited until noon, then went & took down the signs on the main roads. An older couple was here looking at stuff when we got back, and we ended up selling them a good bit :)

There's still 4 frigging pickup loads of stuff down there. I left a collection box & a note with it, either they pay or they don't, lol!

Our tenant in Huntsville has been insisting we bring all to his place & set up, so I guess that's on the agenda for next weekend. We will NOT be placing an ad with the Times for this sale (house is right on the Parkway, no need!)

No comments: